Annual fall book signing coming up at Nevada State Museum
CARSON CITY, Nevada – With fall in the air and winter nipping at her heels, curling up with a good book is a great way to spend a few hours – or days – and learn about Nevada in the process.
The Nevada State Museum’s annual Autumn Book Signing has everything you’ll need. The event is Sunday, Nov. 17 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. inside the museum’s Dema Guinn Concourse.
This year’s lineup of writers and their books includes:
- Jackie Boor – Logan: The honorable life and scandalous death of a western lawman
- Valerie P. Cohen and Michael P. Cohen – Tree Lines; Granite and Grace
- Patricia Crane – Casino Sidemen; Reno Showroom Musicians of the 1950s
- Marshall Fey – The Emigrant Trail; Long Road to California, 3rd enlarged edition
- Steve Hale – The Passionate Creation of the National Park Service
- Rod Haulenbeek – Northern Nevada Tree Identifier; Tree Adventures at Tahoe; co-author of University of Nevada, Reno Arboretum
- Arlene L. Jenkins – True Stories of Nevada’s Hauntings and Unexplained Mysteries; True Stories of Ghosts and Spirits of Nevada, Past and Present
- Stan Paher – Nevada Ghost Town and Desert Atlas, 10th edition, thoroughly revised
- Jane Sweetland – Boxcar Diplomacy; Sons at War
- David and Gayle Woodruff – Tales Along El Camino Sierra Two; A Sentimental Journey Along Highway 395
Admission to the concourse for the book signing is free. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Museum Store manager Charmain Phillips at (775) 687-4810, extension 244.
The Nevada State Museum is located at 600 N. Carson Street, Carson City.