News / Events
Summer Solstice book signing features women authors
CARSON CITY, Nevada – The Nevada State Museum is celebrating the Summer Solstice with a book signing featuring a dozen female authors with books on Nevada history.
The event is Saturday, June 23, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Dema Guinn Concourse at the Nevada State Museum in Carson City, 600 N. Carson Street.
Admission is free to the concourse is free. Light refreshments will be served.
Featured authors include:
- Patty Bernard and Mona Reno: It Can Be Done: The Sarah Winnemucca Statue
- Sue Ballew: Images of America: Early Carson City
- Pat Crane: Casino Sidemen: Reno Showroom Musicians of the 1950s-1990s
- Joyce Cox: Images of America: Washoe County; Sparks
- Karen Dustman, Judy Wickwire and Laura Hickey: The Old Genoa Cemetery: Historic Alpine; Fredericksburg Cemetery; Ghost of the Sierra-Silver Mountain City
- Mary Lee Fulkerson and Susan Mantle: Women Artists of the Great Basin
- Lynell Garfield: The Secret Life of Streams
- Bonnie Boyce Nishikawa: My Life as a “Home” Kid – Nevada State Orphans/Children’s Home
- Nancy Raven: Wuzzie Comes to Camp; A Postal Journey
- Laura Tennant: Images of America: Dayton
For more information: contact Charmain Phillips at 687-4810, ext. 244 or email Charmain@nevadaculture.org